25.3.11

Respect & Awe for Japan

Hello people of this world wherever you are!!!!!
As everyone knows ten days ago one of the most terrible natural disasters stroke Japan......
Although I live in Greece, a place so far away from Japan, I bet I have the same feeling with the most of you, that this disaster is like next to us.....
Having survived a major earthquake (for Greece at least) 11 years ago, I can assure you that there is nothing more scary than to feel the earth move under your feet.....now I think that the tsunami and the feeling of a huge wave come after you may be 100 times more scary.....
I don't want even to imagine how it is to lose everything.... it is beyond my mind what these people have been (and are still ) through.....
However, in various disasters all over the world through the years that I remember myslef watching the news, I do not think that I have seen another country and its people to react with such dignity in the aftermath of the disaster.....
These people although they had lost members of their family, their homes, their way of living, they were so modest, without yelling, crying, without accusing their goverment, their God, or whoever else...
Since I remember myself, when I first heard a Japanese tale my mother used to tell me, when I touched my first hello Kitty , when I  watched like crazy Japanese cartoons on TV, I loved this country!!! I still love everything about it, their culture, their design, their architecture, but now I also admire and have huge respect and awe for  them !!!!! And it's not only me look here http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/how-musicians-are-raising-money-for-japan-relief-20110322 what the music industry plans in order to help the Japanese people!!!! 
Let's hope that the tragedy will stop here, and there will be no further disaster with the nuclear plants.....
One of my dreams is to be able someday to travel to Japan. I don't know  when I ll be able to go but I know for sure that definetely I will!!!!!!

Kisses
&
wishes for a better tomorrow for Japan
mdq

No comments:

Post a Comment