14.3.11

A Meet Market weekend


I know it has been a long time since my last post......this is only because I was working like crazy in order to prepare some of my wholesale orders and also to be ready for this month's Meet Market!!!!
The  Meet Market is a mobile community of designers, craftsmen, artists, collectors and independent businesses, who gather once a month  in various venues, exhibiting and selling along with a full line-up of music from local djs and music producers!!!! For the last almost 4 years I am a part of this cultural collective of creatives, as it is the most successfull craft/show/market/fair of Greece!!!
This weekend it was held at Technopolis which is a former gas factory in the heart of Athens!!! My stall is always in the entrance of  The Furnaces building, which is maybe Technopolis' most distinctive space that retains the atmosphere and the feeling of the old factory.
 
Drama Queen @ The Meet Market

I love the Meet Market weekends for several reasons
because I have the chance to meet with my friends who also make things
because I have the chance to meet with my other friends who pass by to meet me
because I have the chance to meet with my customers (actually it is the only chance that I get to know who are the people that buy my things and actually I love it!!!)

Drama Queen @ Meet Market
because it is the most nearby experience to a camp experience (which I love and I wish I was a child again just to spend a summer in a camp).


Christy
Especially this weekend my niece Christy came from Patra where she lives and was my helper, also as the weather was sunny many frineds passed by to say hello and spend some time with me, and even if the sales were not as high as those on Christmas (we live in the economical crisis era so we can not complain) the fun really hit a limit up!!!!!!!!
In general I love being part of the Meet Market, and although that I am very tired when it is over (like now) I am a little sad waiting for the next one......
                                              kisses
&
wishes
mdq

1 comment:

  1. we had a great time at meet market!!! all creations were like works of art :)

    ReplyDelete