27.2.11

Oscar predictions & whisfull thinking

Hello people from a place so far away from where the Oscars will be given today.....
we are alsmost 3 hours away from the moment the
Oscar ceremony begins, and I am really anxious to see who & what will receive the much desired award.....
. So if it was up to me the Oscar for best actor would be given without any doubt to Colin Firth
Even though I really liked very much the other three performances from Jeff Bridges, James Franco & Jesse Eisenberg ( I didn't see Biutiful) the way Colin Firth acted is moving without beeing melodramatic, unforgettable and definetely worth awarded.
In the best actress category the truth is that I do not have someone distinguish and to worth my Oscar vote...it's one of the few times that I feel like this. I haven't seen Michelle Williams' Blue Valentine but really I don not think that I will be amazed....so if someone has to get it I would give it to Jennifer Lawrence just because at this young age managed to act in such a depressing movie....
Again in the supporting actor category I have big problem to choose....EVERYBODY was very good!!!
I would choose Geoffrey Rush because he was also amazing in The King's Speech but he has also an Oscar so maybe I would give it to Christian Bale, but I would like also to award Mark Ruffalo because he was so different from the roles we have seen him to act so far
One more time I wish that there were more Oscars to give in the supporting actress category....as there is only one award I would give it to Helena Bonham Carter and Iwant to note that Hailee Steinfeld should have been nominated in the best actress category(where Idefinetely would give her the award)
In the director category I would like for David Fincher to win for The Social Network His directing gave the movie rythm and made it easy for the audience to understand the facts without being tiring
For adapting screenplay again I would choose The Social Network with a second choice of the 127 Hours
The original screenplay Oscar definetely I would give it to Inception (and really I did not get the reason why this movie was nominated for so few Oscars), my second choice here would be The Fighter
Finally the best movie Academy Award I hope to go either to The King's Speech or to Inception  or The Social Network
Last BUT DEFINETELY not least....I hope/wish/want/pray as I have mentioned in a previous post for Dogtooth to bring an Oscar for the Best Foreign Language Film
In a few hours some people will go very happy back to their homes and some people will go less happy, as I think that just an Oscar nomination, is not only great recognition for what you do but great honor too.
Till tomorrow
Many kisses
&
Oscar wishes
mdq

No comments:

Post a Comment