1.2.11

Origami Facts!!!!!!




This morning I realized that today is the 1st of February and I have just 8 days in order to prepare my wholesale orders……

So while I started to make a schedule about which origami jewelry I have to prepare, I thought to give you some fun facts about the art of origami!!!!!

 First of all the word “origami” = 折り紙, has its origins in the Japanese word “ori” which means folding and the word “kami” which means paper.
 Origami can be traced to about 500 A.D. to China, but the art was refined in Japan hundreds of years later.
 Paper was invented around the time that origami art invented but it was considered as a luxurious material with a high cost, that’ s why only the rich people of Japan were able to practice this kind of art.
 One of the most famous origami themes is the crane, which is a symbol of long life and good fortune.
 Origami was also used for love notes. As the shape could represent a message, also the choice of color combined with the shape could help convey the emotions of the writer. In addition as origami is an intricate art, if the love note went in the wrong hands, it was unlikely that the reader could perfectly refold the shape. Therefore, the origami love notes were extremely safe as they could not be read by wrong persons without the recipient knowing about it.
 In 2007 the house of Christian Dior selected an origami and Japanese theme for its Haute Couture collection.

I hope that you found these as intersting as I did.....
till the next time...
kisses & wishes
mdq

3 comments: